Best Thailand Pass Insurance | ThaiEmbassy.com
Despite obstacles to travel around the world since the outbreak of COVID-19, countries including Thailand have acted quickly and effectively to contain the spread of COVID-19 to keep their countries and citizens safe. .
Every country has done its best to win the battle against COVID-19. Countries around the world have set new borders, put in place new rules, new methods of fighting COVID-19 to prevent the country from increasing the number of infected people.
A difficult year for all, but all want to live their lives to the full. Discover more, learn more, and have more experiences while traveling.
Enter Thailand easily with the Thailand Pass
Today, with the easing of travel restrictions, traveling is easier than before, especially in Thailand.
Thailand has opened its borders to all travelers from around the world, regardless of their vaccination status. Whoever you are, wherever you are, vaccinated or not, you are welcome in Thailand.
In order to facilitate and speed up entry into Thai territory, the Thai authorities have reduced the number of documents required and have implemented a faster and more convenient system which replaces the COE (Certificate of Entry, a former system which allowed to enter Thailand before the Thailand Pass).
COVID insurance required as part of the Thailand Pass
One of the conditions for applying for a Thailand Pass and being authorized to enter Thailand: take out COVID-19 insurance. This can be medical insurance, travel insurance or health insurance, as long as it covers costs related to COVID-19.
COVID-19 insurance is mandatory for travelers wishing to enter Thailand to ensure that they will be covered if they ever become infected with COVID-19 while traveling or while in Thailand. It will cover medical and other expenses incurred by incidents related to COVID-19. Travelers won’t have to worry about emergency costs because the insurance will cover them for you.
Siam Legal International, one of the leading law firms in Thailand, strongly recommends taking out adequate insurance. The most recommended is often AXA Insurance for trips to Thailand.
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT POINTS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE PURCHASING THAI PASS INSURANCE
- Please carefully review the terms and conditions of sale of the insurance before purchasing to determine if the cover will be adequate. Cheap policies with insufficient levels of cover can result in significant personal liability and it is not uncommon for policyholders to pay hundreds of thousands of baht in medical bills. The financial risks of being underinsured while in Thailand are significant.
- Some insurances do not cover medical expenses related to accidents (such as motorcycle accidents) or common and unexpected illnesses (common fever or food poisoning). Just pay a few extra baht for the peace of mind that comes with adequate coverage.
- AXA covers medical costs (outpatient and hospital) due to accidents and illnesses, including COVID-19. Other insurances may not do it, it is to be checked by reading the details of the insurance which interests you.
- AXA also covers telemedicine and teleconsultation which may be required during the quarantine period of any traveler.
- Thai hospital staff are familiar with AXA coverage which should avoid any inconvenience during hospital admission or medical treatment from your hotel room. AXA Thailand also offers 24/7 local assistance during your stay in Thailand.
Subscribe now from the link below:
The conditions of COVID insurance coverage required in Thailand
The COVID insurance that travelers must purchase must meet the conditions set by the Thai authorities for it to be considered valid and accepted during screening.
Please ensure that the following benefits are covered if you purchase your own COVID insurance:
- Minimum COVID insurance coverage must be 20,000 USD
- COVID insurance coverage should include coverage for medical expenses related to medical treatment, hospital stays, etc. related to COVID-19 incidents.
Choosing the best travel insurance for Thailand
It is very easy to apply for the Thailand Pass and get the QR code to enter the country.
However, the processing will be extended if the documents provided are not suitable.
One of the most common problems travelers have when applying for the Thailand Pass is with the 7th step of the application, the medical insurance part.
The problems encountered are as follows:
- The amount of coverage by the COVID insurance purchased by travelers does not respect that set by the Thai authorities.
- The certificate of insurance provided by their insurance company has several pages. The Thailand Pass only requires a file upload (jpg, jpeg, png).
To avoid one of the most common problems when applying for the Thailand Pass, it is best to purchase from one of the Thai government’s recommended travel insurance providers, AXA Sawasdee Thailand.
AXA Thailand, AXA Sawasdee Thailand
AXA Sawasdee Thailand solves the most common problem encountered when applying for Thailand PASS. Here are the reasons:
Thai Government Approved COVID Blanket
AXA Sawasdee Thailand offers comprehensive COVID insurance coverage that follows the standard set by the Thai authorities.
There will be no doubt about the validity of the insurance as AXA Sawasdee Thailand ensures that the coverage offered by the COVID insurance will be accepted.
1- Insurance Certificate Page
AXA Sawasdee Thailand provides a one-page Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy which contains all the necessary details of the insurance coverage for the Thai authorities to deem valid. It will be quick to get a Thailand Pass.
Another reason why AXA Sawasdee Thailand should be your trusted insurance company is the benefits it offers to travelers insured with AXA Sawasdee Thailand.
Travelers will have the option to choose packages that include the coverage they need while traveling in Thailand.
Be aware that while each package has differences in its coverages, both follow the COVID coverage standard set by the Thai authorities and are valid.
Choice of duration of COVID insurance
Travelers will have the freedom to choose the length of their coverage. Whether it’s 7 days, 15, 30, 60, or 180 days. It doesn’t matter if your stay is long or short, AXA Sawasdee Thailand can cover it for you.
No waiting period
You don’t have to wait for coverage to take effect. AXA Sawasdee Thailand does not have a waiting period. Travelers can enjoy it from their 1st day in Thailand.
Includes coverage for asymptomatic cases
It doesn’t matter if you are asymptomatic or symptomatic, if the test is positive, AXA Sawasdee Thailand will provide you with coverage “on medical expenses”.
Please note that other insurance companies do not cover asymptomatic cases, we recommend asking them first.
Includes coverage during the quarantine period
If Thai authorities require you to stay in a quarantine facility when you test positive, don’t worry as AXA Sawasdee Thailand still covers your needs and will be by your side during the time you feel isolated.
AXA Sawasdee Thailand insured travelers will have access to the AXA Sawasdee Thailand hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need assistance or have a question regarding your insurance, you can call at any moment, every day, and AXA Sawasdee Thailand will meet your needs.
The insured can obtain a full refund of the premium if the application for entry is not accepted for reasons related to AXA Sawasdee Thailand insurance. The insured must provide AXA with proof of this, eg the screenshot of the web page showing the refusal, a flyer with the letterhead/logo of the embassy.
How to get the best COVID insurance from AXA Sawasdee Thailand?
Purchasing COVID insurance can easily be done through an online transaction.
Follow the steps provided to subscribe to your AXA Sawasdee Thailand COVID insurance, during your trip to Thailand:
- Choose a package: AXA Insurance Package 1 or Package 2.
- Pay the chosen package.
- Receive your certificate of insurance by e-mail.
- Ask for the Thailand Pass.
Get your COVID 19 insurance here: https://u.axa.co.th/Sawasdee_Siamlegal
Conditions for obtaining the Thailand Pass and how to apply for it
Travelers only need their passport, possibly a visa (not necessary to enter as a tourist for a period of one month), an RT-PCR test negative result for COVID-19, a certificate preferably in the form of a QR code.
When the Thailand Pass is validated, you will get a QR code which will allow you to enter Thailand
- Choose a way to enter Thailand. There are 3 ways to enter Thailand:
- The “Test and Go” program – for fully vaccinated travelers from low-risk countries.
- The Blue Zone program – for fully immunized travelers who are NOT coming from low-risk countries.
- The Happy Quarantine program – for unvaccinated travellers, whether they come from low-risk countries or not.
- Fill in the “Object of arrival” section with the necessary information.
- Fill in the “Personal Information” section with the necessary information.
- Upload the image file (jpg, jpeg, or png) of the “information page” of your passport.
- Upload the image file (jpg, jpeg, or png) of your “vaccination certificate” if you are traveling by Test & Go and Blue Zone.
- Upload the image file (jpg, jpeg, or png) of your confirmed SHA+/ASQ/AQ hotel reservation.
- Upload the image file (jpg, jpeg, or png) of your medical insurance certificate.
- Submit your request, wait for confirmation and receive the QR code.
Note: Travelers will only receive their QR codes if Thai authorities find no issues with the files they have uploaded.
To avoid encountering problems when applying for the Thailand Pass, it is better to know the common problems with this application beforehand.
Thailand Pass Assistance by Siam Legal: www.siam-legal.com/thailand-pass