Eiffel Tower tickets
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution, about 130 years ago, a competition was organized by the Universal Exhibition to build a tower 300 meters high. Out of a total of 107 proposals, Gustave Eiffel’s was chosen. And we all know the rest of the story.
Known today as the “Iron Lady”, the Eiffel Tower is a symbol of the culture, economy and industrial strength of Paris. Illuminated by around five billion lights, this architectural marvel can be admired in all four corners of Paris. Unsurprisingly, the Eiffel Tower attracts no less than 7 million visitors each year, making it the fourth most visited monument in the world.
A stay in the city of love must imperatively include a visit to the Eiffel Tower. With an Eiffel Tower ticket, visitors have access to the first floor, second floor and top of the tower, as well as some of the best restaurants in the city and breathtaking views of Paris.
Visiting the Eiffel Tower: A few tips
1. If you plan to visit the Eiffel Tower (especially the top) we recommend booking your tickets well in advance as summit tickets are selling like hot cakes.
2. It is also essential to book your Eiffel Tower tickets online. Otherwise, you will have to wait for hours at the counter and you risk not having access to the floors you want to visit.
3. A good way to save time is to take the stairs back down. Elevator queues are usually long and cumbersome.
4. If you want to know the workings of the Eiffel Tower, including history, construction and other general topics, we highly recommend you to opt for a guided tour.
5. The period from June to September is the most intense of the year at the Eiffel Tower. If you want to avoid the crowds, the months of October to December and January to March are the best months to visit the Eiffel Tower.
6. If you plan to dinner at the Eiffel Towerit is better to book in advance in one of the restaurants.
7. Download the Eiffel Tower app to your mobile phone before your visit. The audio guide covers all topics relating to the monument, including history, design and construction, nearby tourist attractions, and more.
8. Move further away from the tower to take the perfect shot. If you stand too close, you may not be able to get a full shot of the imposing monument.
9. Keep your things close to you. The Eiffel Tower is a favorite spot for thieves and pickpockets due to the large number of visitors.
10. Treat yourself to a souvenir of Paris and the Eiffel Tower in the shops on the first and second floors.