L’Venice Marco Polo Airport (IATA code : ECV • ICAO code : LIPZ), also still called by its former name ofVenice-Tessera Airportis a international airport Italian located at Veniceon the terrafirma (it) (“terre-ferme”) and on the north shore of the venice lagooneight kilometers north of historical Centerin the eastern part of Tessera (it)occupying most of the surface of this fraction of the municipality of Favaro Veneto (it)itself part of the common of Venice.
It bears the name of the famous Venetian traveler Marco Polo. It is bordered to the northwest by the national road 14 of the Venezia Giulia (it)connecting it to the southwest with Mestresix kilometers (and to the east at Triesteabout one hundred and sixty kilometers away).
Its management has been entrusted to SAVE spa Società Aeroporto Venezia spa.
The foundation stone of the airport is laid on . This is open on .
It absorbs all of the air traffic of theTreviso airport during its closure between 1er June and the .
An extension project of 40,000 m2 by 2025 should be able to accommodate 16 million annual passengers by expanding the current terminal to the north. This project is also based on a connection to the railway line Venice – Trieste at a cost of 500 million euros, presented in 2020.
Map of airports in Italy
Focus on the impact of the covid of 2019-2020[modifier | modifier le code]
Edited on 03/11/2019 Updated on 01/23/2022
- Aeroflot-Cargo (Moscow-Sheremetyevo)
- Air Contractors (London-Stansted, Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle)
- Air Transport International (Newark)
- Alitalia Cargo (Athens, Atlanta, Milan-Malpensa, New York-JFK, Shanghai-Pudong, Tokyo-Narita, Tripoli)
- AtlasAir (New York-JFK)
- Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong, London-Heathrow)
- DHL Aviation (London-Heathrow)
- Emirates Sky Cargo (Dubai)
- FedEx Express (Atlanta, Dallas/Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Memphis, Milan-Malpensa, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle)
- Lufthansa Cargo (Bahrain, Cologne/Bonn, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Munich)
- Jade Cargo International (Shenzhen)
- Nippon Cargo Airlines (Osaka-Kansai, Tokyo-Narita)
- TNT Airways (Brussels)
- UPS Airlines (Atlanta, Chicago-O’Hare, New York-JFK, Seattle/Tacoma)
- Volga-Dnepr (Yemelyanovo, Moscow-Domodedovo, Moscow-Sheremetyevo, VnukovoUlyanovsk)
In 2019, it was ranked fourth among Italian airports with 11.5 million passengers.
- (it) ” L’aeroporto cresce: piano da 350 milioni per l’amplification del terminal passeggeri »on VeniceToday (consulted the )
- (it) ” VIDEO: Collegamento ferroviario con l’aeroporto Marco Polo: progetto da 500milioni – Televenezia »on Venice Radio TV, (consulted the )
- UBM (UK) Ltd. 2018, ” Asiana Airlines S18 Long-Haul changes as of 17NOV17 »
- ” easyJet outlines new routes from Berlin Tegel in S18 », Routesonline (consulted the )
- ” Cheap flights from Venice Marco Polo to Glasgow – easyJet – »on www.easyjet.com
- Jim Liu“ Pegasus adds Venice service from July 2019 », Routesonline, (read online)
- ” Istanbul New Airport Transition Delayed Until April 5, 2019 (At The Earliest) »
- UBM (UK) Ltd. 2018, ” Volotea S17 New routes as of 10OCT16 »